You have the opportunity to create a video game, what will it be about? What game features and mechanics might your game include? What might it look like? How will it engage the players? What format will it take? What platform will it be on?
Follow the framework below:
- Decide on an inquiry focus and develop question/s that will guide your inquiry and development of your digital media outcome. For example, what make a good interactive story (See Stage 1 for example questions)? How can existing/emerging game technologies and mechanics support and enhance a sense of community? Think about the game genre and topic your game will be about and the end users (age group, school level, etc.).
- Plan and design your timeframe with key milestones and inquiry progressions. Share this with your teacher. You will need to provide evidence of using your plan to guide and manage your inquiry.
Find out, research
- Undertake research to gather background information and ideas from reliable, expert sources.
- compare and contrast different perspectives that relate to the inquiry focus
- critique any sources used and evaluate their potential for bias and inaccuracies
- decide how this information will inform your digital media outcome.
- Establish a refined inquiry focus.
- Propose a digital media outcome to the inquiry focus
- Explain any relevant risks and ways to mitigate these risks.