Based on your investigation, research and analysis, you must write a proposal document to address the question/statement/issue. This proposal should fall out of the discussion in your final report summary document.
A proposal is a succinct document which must include the following:
- Game concept statement (overview of the game)
- Target audience (who the game is for)
- Requirements (the essential features that the game must have)
- Specifications (the list of features that the game should meet)
- Resources (list of the resources that you will need, pc, software, graphics, etc.)
- Bibliography (list of the references and sources of your information)
You will be required to also present an elevator pitch for your game. This will be a 1-3 minute presentation of your proposal for your game.
This will be a live presentation supported by your proposal document and a presentation.
Game Proposal Section
This should include:
- Developer information – who is making the game
- Overview – what the game is about and its scope
- Requirements – what the game must contain to be considered successful
- Specifications – measurable criteria that relate to the requirements, these are used to set out what the game needs to have to meet the requirements
- Resources – what you need to develop the game
- Summary – a conclusion explaining how your proposal meets the findings of your inquiry
- Key Dates – a list of key dates that you are to meet to have different sections of your game completed
Format of live presentation
- 1-3 minutes
- Focus is on the game you intend to make not your research / inquiry
- Presentation should include:
- It is advised to include some visuals of what your game could look like and some to show where you have taken inspiration from.
There is a template for this attached to this page.