Testing is about confirming decisions.
You want to test that the requirements are met or that a component or the entire outcome works as intended.
The focus for testing is the whole outcome. For example,you might test that:
- A website functions as intended for the purpose and end user requirements
- A program performs the specified task
- A database functions as intended for the purpose and end user requirements
- The electronics outcome performs to specifications
- The network is functional and has no errors
As a result of the testing the student can confirm the outcome functions as intended.