Basic (Level 1)
- At least 2 different data types
- field sizes adjusted to match expectations in data
- sensible field names
- Customising reports and forms
Advanced (Level 2)
- Linking related tables in the database, using keys.
- Sorting on one field with a secondary sort on another field.
- Creating multiple criteria queries using logical, mathematical, and/or wildcard operators.
- SQL code for queries that do the above
- Setting validation rules to control what users can enter in a particular field (eg expressions, operators).
- writing custom queries to filter and/or sort data
- using logical, mathematical and/or wildcard operators
- customising presentation of the data (reports)
Complex (Level 3)
- Data sanitised AND Data validated (these are related, but different things)
- image upload capability
- buttons for data entry
- Queries which modify data (insert, update or delete)
- Creating customised input forms
- Queries pulling data from multiple tables (e.g. SQL join)
- Displaying joined data on webpage/report/pdf dep on outcome
- wildcard queries