Potentially conflicting outcomes within technological practice that require identification and a judgment on relative value in order to decide on an appropriate course of action.
Competing priorities might include such things as:
- conflicting stakeholder viewpoints
- expedient practices versus ethically acceptable practices
- the use of renewable versus non-renewable resources
- budget constraints versus the use of ideal materials
- the use of resources of cultural significance in traditional versus contemporary contexts.